The DRGS DEWG addresses issues related to Smart Grid integration of distributed renewable/clean energy generators and electric storage and to initiate priority action plans and task groups to address these issues and gaps. Significant technical challenges exist in this area and resolution of these issues and gaps is essential to enable high penetrations of distributed renewable/clean generator and storage devices while also enhancing rather than degrading grid stability, resiliency, power quality, and safety.
- Subgroup A: Standards Roadmap
- Subgroup B: Use Cases, Information Exchange, and Object Models
- Subgroup C: Microgrids, Hierarchical Distributed Control
- Subgroup D: Conformity and Interoperability Test and Certification
- Subgroup E: Regulatory and Market Issues
- Subgroup F: Distributed Energy Resources, Interconnection Standards (DER-IS)
- 07/18/14 – Subgroup B White Paper: Hierarchical Classification of Use Cases and the Process for Developing Information Exchange Requirements and Object Models
- 03/01/14 – Subgroup C White Paper: Narratives for use cases with integration of microgrids into EPS operations.
(Published by SGIP member Dr. Nokhum Markushevich, Smart Grid Operations Consulting (SGOC).)
- 11/02/16 – Subgroup C White Paper: Use Cases on Information Support of Interactions between Advanced Microgrids and Electric Distribution Systems.
- 04/06/15 – Subgroup E White Paper: Regulatory Challenges to Deploying Distributed Energy Resources
- 03/01/2014 – The Advanced Microgrid Integration and Interoperability
- PAP-07: Energy Storage Interconnection Guidelines
- PAP-21: Weather Information
- PAP-24: Microgrid Operational Interfaces